Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Place marker for future 2009 posts

OK, its been months since I posted. Not that I haven't been doing anything, just that I didn't feel like it. It is now July 7th, and there's been alot going on since October of 2008.

There is the whole 2009 Competitive Eating Circuit (first half), in which I competed in 10 competitions and drove at least 5000 miles.

Attended the Nathan's Famous 2009 Hot Dog Eating Competition on July 4th, and received a trophy for the "2009 Carbon Footprint Award" in front of 40,000+ people before the actual competition (which I did not eat in - didn't qualify).

Melissa and I had a great time hanging out with the eaters before and after the competition. Thanks go out to the IFOCE, George & Rich Shea, Dave Keating, and especially Mike Antolini for getting us to the W for the weekend.

Melissa and I stopped at Harold's Deli in Edison, NJ on July 3rd, on the way to NYC. The sandwiches, as have been reported all over the Internet, are huge. We ordered one large (the smallest you can get), and split it.

We also had Benjamin burgers at the Emery Grille in the Benjamin Hotel at 50th & Lexington (one block up from the W) for dinner that night - fantastic! And at $11 for the burger and $4 for "customizable" fries, may be one of the best values in that area of Manhattan.

Well, that gives me a few items to elaborate on - just wanted to post this as a place marker so I would remember them when I have a little time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wild Bill on the award. It was great to see you at Coney. I am sure I will see you at a contest soon. Also, it may pay to invest in a Prius. :-)